- Introduction to the Wild Ingleborough project, Settle Town Hall, Tuesday 29th March, 7:30pm-9:00pm. An opportunity to hear about the project, meet the team and ask questions. All welcome. For more information, please contact email@example.com
- Giggleswick Gardening Group: First Monday in the month. Litterpicking section. 10:00am. Church Porch, St Alkelda’s, Contact Tony Carroll.
- Rotary Club: 2nd and 4th Thursday each month at 6:30pm in the Royal Oak, Settle. All welcome. Secretary David Blackburne 01729 822445.
- Settle Photographic Group: Every third Monday, Townhead Court, 7:30-9:30pm and on the 1st Monday of the month, October – April. Visitors welcome. £4.00.
- Settle Rifle Club: Every Monday 7pm Giggleswick School cadet range (behind St Alkelda’s Church).
- Settle Bridge Club: Every Tuesday St. John’s Church Hall 6:15-9:30pm. First Tuesday is Open Night and every Thursday 1:15-4pm. All welcome. Contact Secretary: 01524 251728.
- Monthly Whist Drives: Every second Tuesday, Golden Lion Hotel, Horton-in-Ribblesdale 7:30pm. Tel 01729 860206.
- Action on Climate Emergency (ACE) Settle and Area: monthly Green Cafe, second Saturday of each month 10:15-1pm (drop-in) at Settle Victoria Hall. Details about individual cafes on the ACE website: www.acesettleandarea.org
- Settle & District Gardening Club: Fourth Wednesday of the month January-May and September-November at the Quaker Meeting House 2-4pm. Visitors welcome £5.
- Amnesty International Letter Writing Group. No longer meeting in person, but continue their work online. Enquiries 01729 268912.
- Age UK North Craven Trips for over 60s. For destinations and prices contact Sandra 01729 823066.
- Settle Women’s Institute: Every first Wednesday St. John’s Church Hall, 2pm. New members always welcome.
- Giggleswick with Settle Mothers’ Union: Every second Wednesday St Alkeldas Church, Giggleswick 2pm. Contact branch leader Catie Jones: 01729 822676 for more details.
- Giggleswick Women’s Institute: Every first Thursday 7pm at St Mary and St Michael Catholic Church, Settle. Visitors welcome. Follow us on Facebook.
- Iyengar Yoga: Every Monday beginners 2:15-3:30pm and mixed ability 12:30-2pm. Friends Meeting House, Settle. Enquiries 01282 841049.
- Iyengar Yoga: Every Tuesday mixed ability 7-8:30pm. Dance Studio, Settle Conservative Club, Station Road. Enquiries: 01282 841049.
Settle Business Hub (Commercial Courtyard)
Waste food cool up at the Quakers 10am-2pm on Mondays. People are welcome to come along and help or just join us for lunch form 12noon.
Socially distant social at the Quakers every Thursday 10am-2pm. All welcome for a chat, cuppa, lunch and occasional walks, trips to our allotment and other activities (COVID permitting).
Community fridge at the Little Hub in Commercial Courtyard. Every Monday and Thursday 2:30pm-4:15pm. Come and help yourself to surplus fruit, veg and other food or drop off any spare food you may have. Contact Emma for more information: firstname.lastname@example.org or 07421 369778.
Lloyds Bank pop up banking service at Settle Community and Business Hub in Commercial Yard every Monday 10am-3pm until at lease the end of March. Ramesh will be there to help with online or phone banking, account queries, but cannot do cash transactions.
Coming soon…Barclay’s pop up banking service every Tuesday 9:30am-2:30pm.
- Settle Voices Choir: Every Monday (term time only). Catholic Church Hall, Tillman Close, 1-3pm. All welcome. For information contact Liz Eastman 01729 823777.
- Langcliffe Singers: Every Tuesday (term time only) rehearsals at St John’s Hall, Settle, 7:30-9:30pm. Contact 01729 825806.
- The Black Horse Jazzmen: Every Tuesday, The Royal Oak, 8:00pm. Sitters-In welcome.
- Settle Orchestra: Rehearsals every Friday evening (term time only). St John’s Methodist Hall, 7-00-9:00pm. Strings especially welcome. Contact 01729 825806.
- Settle 3 Peaks Folk Club: For information contact 01729 825227 or see www.3peaksfolkclub.com
Sport and Physical Activities
- Table Tennis: Every Monday Hellifield Village Institute, 7:30-9:30pm. Contact John Flitcroft 01729 851358.
- Line Dancing: Every Monday and Wednesday St. John’s Church Hall, 7-9:30pm. All welcome. Proceeds to charity.
- Settle Badminton Club: Every Tuesday (Sept-April). Giggleswick School Sports Hall, 7:30-10:30pm. Contact Ian Reid 07854 211114.
- Table Tennis: Every Tuesday Eldroth Village Hall all year round 7:30-9:30pm. All abilities welcome. Bring a bat and enjoy a fun evening. For information contact Helen and Neil Thompson 015242 51465.
- Badminton: Every Tuesday Hellifield Village Institute, 7-9pm. Contact Bob Moore 01729 851660.
- Long Preston Badminton Club: Every Tuesday during term-times 7:30-9:30pm, Long Preston Primary School. Re-starting 5th October. Contact the club secretary for more information 01729 840171.
- North Craven Strollers: Every Wednesday meets at Millennium Garden, near Booths Car Par, 1:30pm.
- Indoor Bowling: Every Wednesday Hellifield Village Institute, 10am-12noon. Contact Bob Moore 01729 851660.
- ROOTS (Respect Our Old Trees, Settle) TREE WALK: a ramble around Settle and Giggleswick to look at the trees and new plantings. Meet by ‘The Listening Gallery’ (old BT phone box) on Duke Street 10am (1-2 hours depending on weather).
- Scottish Country Dancing: Every Thursday St. John’s Hall, 7.30pm with a fully qualified Scottish Country Dance teacher.
- Settle Charity Dance: First Saturday of every month St. Mary & St. Michael Parish Hall, Tillman Close, Settle. If you wish to know more about the dances, ring 01729 824038/822364 and see posters and press for details of the charity to be supported each month.
- Nordic Walking: Mondays 9am and Fridays 10:30am – The Yordic Walkers – starting at Settle Swimming Pool. £5 Thursdays 10am – The Wolftracks Wanderers – short, easy paced walks, with or without poles, starting at Settle Swimming Pool. £5 (starting points may vary so please email or message in advance to book: email@example.com / 07966 981985.