- Giggleswick Gardening Group: First Monday in the month. Litterpicking section. 10:00am. Church Porch, St Alkelda’s, Contact Tony Carroll.
- All sorts market: Every Tuesday from 9:30am. Fundraising for and at the Victoria Hall.
- Rotary Club: Every Thursday Boar’s Head, Long Preston, 6:00pm for 6:30pm. All welcome. Secretary, David Blackburne 01729 822445.
- Settle Photographic Group: Every third Monday, Townhead Court, 7:30-9:30pm and on the 1st Monday of the month, October – April. Visitors welcome. £4.00.
- Settle Rifle Club: Every Monday 7pm Giggleswick School cadet range (behind St Alkelda’s Church).
- Settle Bridge Club: Every Tuesday St. John’s Church Hall 6:15-9:30pm. First Tuesday is Open Night and every Thursday 1:15-4pm. All welcome. Contact Secretary: 01524 251728.
- Monthly Whist Drives: Every second Tuesday, Golden Lion Hotel, Horton-in-Ribblesdale 7:30pm. Tel 01729 860206.
- Action on Climate Emergency (ACE) Settle and Area: monthly Green Cafe, second Saturday of each month 10-12noon (drop-in) at Sugar and Spice, corner of Duke St/Station Rd.
- ROOTS (Respect Our Old Trees in Settle) Meetings: First Wednesday of each month at The Royal Oak, 7-8pm. All welcome.
- Coffee Morning: Every Thursday Stainforth Village Hall 10:45am. Small charge for tea/coffee and biscuits. All welcome.
- Settle & District Gardening Club: Fourth Wednesday of the month January-May and September-November Townhead Court 2-4pm. Visitors welcome £3.
- Settle Youth Club: Every Wednesday in St. John’s Hall 6:30-8:30pm Ages 11-19 (year 7+) 50p per person. Contact Rachel 07500 787621 or see Facebook page.
- Settle Mediation Classes: with Kelsang Thonchog, every Monday 7:30-9pm at The Friends’ Meeting House, Kirkgate, Settle. Ru on a drop-in basis, join at any stage. Classes £6 or buy a 4-class card £20. Everyone welcome: www.enjoymeditation.org.
- Peer to Peer: Every Tuesday The Folly Cafe, 7:30-9pm. Support group for those living with depression and related issues, more info: Liz 07908 493880.
- Amnesty International Letter Writing Group. Every third Wednesday Friends Meeting House 5-7:30pm. Enquiries 01729 268912. No meeting in August.
- Age UK North Craven Trips for over 60s. For destinations and prices contact Sandra 01729 823066.
- Settle Women’s Institute: Every first Wednesday St. John’s Church Hall, 2pm. New members always welcome.
- Giggleswick with Settle Mothers’ Union: Every second Wednesday Settle Parish Church or the Parish Rooms, Giggleswick 2pm. Contact branch leader Catie Jones: 01729 822676 for more details.
- Giggleswick Women’s Institute: Every first Thursday 7pm in the Hobson Room, Giggleswick School. Visitors welcome. Follow us on Facebook.
Settle Business Hub (Commercial Courtyard)
I am advised by Jo Rhodes that The Hub is in the process of major reorganisation so that the activities previously appearing in this slot are not presently available. Zoom drop-ins are continuing 12-2pm on Tuesdays and Fridays only. This does not mean that everything has stopped. Updates will be provided.
- Settle Voices Choir: Every Monday (term time only). Friends Meeting House, Kirkgate, 1-3pm. All welcome. For information contact Liz Eastman 01729 823777.
- Langcliffe Singers: Every Tuesday (term time only) rehearsals at St John’s Hall, Settle, 7:30-9:30pm. Contact 01729 825806.
- The Black Horse Jazzmen: Every Tuesday, The Royal Oak, 8:00pm. Sitters-In welcome.
- Settle Orchestra: Rehearsals every Friday evening (term time only). St John’s Methodist Hall, 7-00-9:00pm. Strings especially welcome. Contact 01729 825806.
- Folk Music: Every third Friday and first Saturday. Punchbowl, Low Bentham from 8:30pm. Check with landlord (01524 261344) or Three Peaks Folk Club website (may vary).
- Settle Three Peaks Folk Club: Penultimate Saturday: Social Club, Duke Street, Settle, start 8:30pm. For information contact 01729 825227 or visit their website.
Sport and Physical Activities
- Table Tennis: Every Monday Hellifield Village Institute, 7:30-9:30pm. Contact John Flitcroft 01729 851358.
- Line Dancing: Every Monday and Wednesday St. John’s Church Hall, 7-9:30pm. All welcome. Proceeds to charity.
- Settle Badminton Club: Every Tuesday (Sept-April). Giggleswick Schools Sports Hall, 7:30-10:30pm. Contact Ian Reid 07854 211114.
- Table Tennis> Every Tuesday Eldroth Village Hall all year round 7:30-9:30pm. All abilities welcome. Bring a bat and enjoy a fun evening. For information contact Hele and Neil Thompson 015242 51465.
- Badminton: Every Tuesday Hellifield Village Institute, 7-9pm. Contact Bob Moore 01729 851660.
- Long Preston Badminton Club: Every Tuesday during term-times 7:30-9:30pm, Long Preston Primary School. Re-starting 1 October. Contact Stewart Robertshaw 01729 840554.
- North Craven Strollers: Every Wednesday meets at Millennium Garden, near Booths Car Par, 1:30pm.
- Indoor Bowling: Every Wednesday Hellifield Village Institute, 10am-12noon. Contact Bob Moore 01729 851660.
- Scottish Country Dancing: Every Thursday St. John’s Hall, 7_3pm with a fully qualified Scottish Country Dance teacher.
- Settle Charity Dance: First Saturday of every month St. Mary & St. Michael Parish Hall, Tillman Close, Settle. If you wish to know more about the dances, ring 01729 824038/822364 and see posters and press for details of the charity to be supported each month.
- Strong and Steady Falls Prevention Exercise: Mondays and Fridays 10:30am-1pm, St. Johns Methodist Church Hall. Contact Sara at Age UK 01729 823066 or Jill Eccleston 07955 342344.
- Iyengar Yoga: Every Monday beginners 2:15-3:30pm and mixed ability 12:30-2pm. Friends Meeting House, Settle. Enquiries 01282 841049.
- Iyengar Yoga: Every Tuesday mixed ability 7-8:30pm. Dance Studio, Settle Conservative Club, Station Road. Enquiries: 01282 841049.
- Iyengar Yoga: Every Monday general class 9:30-11am, Wednesday general class 6-7:15pm, beginners class 7:30-8:3opm. St. Johns Methodist Hall, Settle. Booking necessary. Contact 07976 013222.